Monday, February 23, 2009

Fabric Love


Okay, I admit it. I was a Wisconsin State Fair Dress Review participant, which means, I was a rural kid who spent my time sewing for 4-H. Anyway, my home economist mother taught me all kinds of skills and my sewing is an homage to her and to my children. I make toys and clothes for them. I make scarves and hats for my husband. When I search for supplies, I find myself at Pacific Fabric and Crafts mesmerized by their selection of patterns, colors, textures.

They have lovely designer fabrics, embelishments galore, designer patterns and such knowledgeable staff. More often than not, they are displaying customer work and conducting some kind of community service--a hat and mitten drive, Project Linus fabric drive, etc. They offer classes for newbies and seasoned crafters. They also have a warehouse in SoDo that offers some incredible deals. Their website offers fun projects and their stores provide such inspriration

Call me provincial, but I love the handmade item. All the love and time someone spent to create a lovely thing is dear. I say that Pacific Fabric and Crafts helps many people find their heaven and create the middle of heaven for those they love. If you are a knitter, crocheter, sewer or crafter, you will find something to help you play. They have many locations, so if you live in the Seattle area, one will be near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment